- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 medium avocado (ripe)
- 10 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- pistachios or other nut for topping (optional)
- Remove the pit from the avocado and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa powder, stevia, sea salt, vanilla extract and mix with a fork until a pudding is formed. You can gently use a hand mixer also, but a fork does the job.
- Top with pistachios or other nut.
- If you taste the pudding, and you think it needs more sweetener, or more cocoa, go ahead and add some. Use your own judgement.
- This avocado pudding has the best flavor when eaten right away. If you store it in the refrigerator for too long, the taste of the avocado starts to become noticeable.
This recipe is a great way to indulge your chocolate cravings in a healthier way. No one will ever guess that it has avocados and no butter or chocolate. It’s vegan, keto, paleo, raw, gluten-free and sugar free. It looks just like regular chocolate pudding and you can’t taste the avocado, it just adds a really nice creaminess.
The great thing about avocado pudding is that you need no thickener. The avocados lend enough creaminess to keep it nice and thick. And of course it adds some nice nutritional benefits as well, like lots of good, healthy fats. Dessert without the guilt.
Make sure that avocado is very ripe. You don’t want the slightly firm avocados as they won’t make the lusciously smooth pudding. Pick a very soft avocados but without any brown spots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196.8Total Fat: 15.3gSaturated Fat: 2.2gSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 14.6gNet Carbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 8.1gSugar: 0.7gProtein: 3.6g