- 6 jalapeno peppers (about 8 ounces, sliced lengthwise in half with seeds and membranes removed)
- 6 slices bacon cut width wise in half
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Add cream cheese to a microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave until slightly softened, about 15 seconds. Add cheddar cheese and garlic powder. Mix until combined.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap a halved bacon slice around each pepper. Secure with a toothpick as needed.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a single layer on to a baking tray.
- Bake at 400 F until the cheese is starting to brown, about 20 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Bacon just makes everything better. There are several ways of wrapping the bacon. If you cut it crosswise, using a toothpick is a must after wrapping to secure the bacon. If you cut the bacon lengthwise, you have a long strand to wrap around the jalapeno and it stays in place much easier without a toothpick. Your choice.
These are very best when served warm. The recipe makes 12 jalapeno poppers, but they’ll go so fast you might want to make more.
Serving Size:1 half jalapeno
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 18mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 3g