Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is a chemical salt that, in its natural form, is the mineral nahcolite. Baking soda can react as both an acid and a base, although in an aqueous solution it is a bit on the alkaline side.
This is a universal and widely available product. Baking soda will help you throughout the house, for personal hygiene, cleaning your home (find a Fresh Maids location nearby for the best cleaning services) and also for dealing with unwanted insects and will simply make everything much easier. Put off all those cleaners and other items purchased at the hardware store, they are so harmful for your health and pollute the environment. You can check this Recommended Site for excellent duct cleaning services. For carpet cleaning and other cleaning services, carpet cleaning minneapolis can also be hired.
Here are some methods of BS usage
- Smooth your skin with baking soda and water for the perfect exfoliant.
- Freshen your breath by rinsing 1 tea spoon baking soda in a glass of water.
- Baking soda on a damp sponge can be used to make a glass stove shine.
- A mixture of baking soda and water helps dry out blackheads.
- Get rid of unsightly stains in children’s potties.
- Remove fishy, oniony or garlicky smells from your hands with a mixture of baking soda, liquid soap and water.
- Remove wine or grease stains from your carpet with a sprinkling of baking soda. Leave on until the stain is absorbed, then vacuum. You might also want to consider getting professional help from residential and commercial carpet cleaning services.
- Freshen your dishwasher by adding 1/2 box baking soda and running the dishwasher through the rinse cycle.
- Degrease and clean your BBQ grill with a paste of baking soda and water and scrub. Let the mixture set for 15 minutes or longer, then scrub and wipe away.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your next load of laundry to eliminate odors and make clothes cleaner and brighter.
- If you have a problem with weeds? Sprinkle baking soda to in the cracks where weeds grow.
- Deodorize a drain with with 1/2 cup or more of baking soda, slowly pour 1 cup of vinegar down the drain, then let set for 15 minutes. Then rinse drain with hot water.
- Baking soda will fights with unpleasant smell in the fridge.
- Get beans and peas ready for cooking much quicker. Baking soda makes them softer.
- Baking soda is going to reduce visible stretch marks.
- Soothe burnt skin with baking soda.
Sodium bicarbonate helps to regulate pH and keep it steady, a process known as buffering. It keeps substances from being too acidic or too alkaline. It’s ability to neutralize the pH of any substance it comes in contact with, makes it highly effective for so many things.
The only caution we have is that you stick to an aluminum–free brand of baking soda whenever possible.