- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp sriracha hot sauce (or tabasco)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Add the rest of the ingredients to oven safe skillet, stir and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from the heat and let cool for a couple minutes.
- Add the shrimp and toss it around so that it's fully immersed in the sauce. Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 2 hours. Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bake shrimp for 10 to 15 minutes then top with green onions. Serve immediately with crusty French bread and drizzle with additional lemon juice as needed.
The exterior of the shrimp should be pink with red tails and the flesh is slightly opaque and a little “white” in color. If it is too bright white in color, then the shrimp may be overcooked.
Kept in an airtight container in the back of the fridge, this will last up to 5 days. Any longer than that and you'll probably want to freeze it. In the freezer, it can last for months.