Caprese Pasta Salad! Made with juicy tomatoes, marinated fresh mozzarella cheese, fragrant fresh basil, and a mouthwatering homemade Italian herb vinaigrette! Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a simple yet flavorful side dish. Tossed with an Italian oil dressing and topped with balsamic glaze.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 43 minutes
- 2 tbsp capers (drained and roughly chopped)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella balls (or fresh mozzarella cut into 1/2" cubes)
- 12 oz dried orecchiette pasta (or other shortcut pasta)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined. Reserve 2 tbsp of dressing and place in an airtight container and set aside.
- Add cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella to mixing bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Let sit and marinate approximately 30 minutes. While the cheese and tomatoes are marinating, boil pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with a drizzle of olive oil. Let cool slightly. Add pasta to mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer to serving container, cover and refrigerate 1-2 days. Before serving, toss pasta salad with reserved dressing and serve.
Whether the salad is based in oil or mayo, it’s always a hit at potlucks. This version is a fabulous natural make-ahead dish and combines the classic American pasta salad with the Italian Caprese flavors.