- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, 8 ounces)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream (6 ounces)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 cups chocolate chips
For the Pan
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the 350 F. In a small bowl, mix together the butter and cocoa powder for the pan until the mixture is well-combined and pasty.
- Use a pastry brush or folded square of wax paper to wipe the cocoa/butter mixture into a 10- or 12-inch bundt pan until the inner surface is evenly coated.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt and water. Heat until the butter is melted and whisk to combine well. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and baking soda. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs and whisk to combine. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top lightly springs back and the cake is baked through.
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan before turning it out carefully onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, place the chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Heat the cream to a simmer and pour over the chocolate. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes without stirring.
- Add the vanilla and stir the mixture until it is glossy and smooth. The glaze will set up as it cools.
- Once the cake is cooled, place it on a serving plate or cake stand and pour the glaze over the cake letting it drip down the sides.
Whether you're celebrating Valentine's Day in style, lighting candles for a special birthday, or hosting your love ones this cake's for you. It looks and tastes like it came from the bakery. It cost quite a bit less to make right at home. You will not need much time to make this awesome dessert.