- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Pound chicken breasts lightly so they are of even thickness. Pour olive oil in a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Lightly dredge the chicken through to coat it, then place chicken breasts side by side in the dish. In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and chili powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts side by side, making sure there is no overlap.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160-170 F. Depending on the size of your chicken breasts, it could take longer. Mine were pounded to less than an inch thick.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before slicing. Serve hot.
This baked chicken breast recipe gives you just that. Succulent and deliciously flavorful baked chicken breast. Rubbing the chicken with a little olive oil before baking helps add moisture to the chicken and also helps the seasonings stick to the breast.