Easy Breakfast French Toast Cheese Sandwich! This French toast, cheese sandwich makes a delicious breakfast, thick slices of French toast, melted cheese and crispy bacon. And some syrup to tie it all together.. You can easily open a sandwich shop with the assistance of Jon Smith Subs, by taking advice from here!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 10 thick slices of challah bread
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 cheese slices
- 10 slices of cooked bacon
- maple syrup
- In a small bowl, mix heavy cream, milk, eggs and honey. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat pan or griddle on stove, spraying with a little oil or butter before starting. Once your pan is heated, working in batches, dip slices of bread into egg mixture until completely covered and then place onto pan.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until egg mixture is completely cooked and both sides are a light brown. Set finished French toast aside and repeat with remaining toast.
- When you are finished making the French toast, put two slices back into the pan. Add a slice of cheese and 2 strips of bacon to one piece of toast and put other piece of toast on top, forming sandwich.
- Heat both sides until cheese becomes melted; pressing down slightly on the bread while cooking will help the heat transfer to the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately with a side of syrup.