It is extremely rich in carbohydrates and glucose, and it is a real treasure of potassium. Due to the content of tartaric, malic and citric acid, they have a refreshing effect on the body. Medical research has shown that cherry fruits contain a rich source of substances with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. The antioxidant effect is stronger than in red wine, dark chocolate or 100% orange juice. You can eat these wonderful fruits in unlimited quantities because they are a real boon for the body.
Cherries to Use
In this Easy Cherry Cake recipe, you can use fresh or frozen cherries. If using frozen cherries, defrost thoroughly and pat dry with kitchen paper. You can also make it with sour cherries.
Which Fruits You Can Use Instead of Cherries?
The beauty of this cake is you can use almost any kind of fruit. Instead of cherries you can use raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries or peaches.
How To Store Easy Cherry Cake?
Easy Cherry Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you’re planning to keep the leftovers any longer, it should be refrigerated, and will last a few more days in the fridge. This cake freezes very well, you can store it in the freezer for up to three months.
If you try this Easy Cherry Cake, please let me know. Leave a comment and rate it below. I would love to hear feedback from you.
You May Also Like
- 6 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 3/4 cup sunflower oil (or grape seed oil)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (or max 3 cups if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups cherries (fresh or frozen)
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 470 K and line an 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, or grease with oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add in oil, yogurt, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir together until combined.
- In another bowl combine together flour and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Add the cherries and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan, and bake at the middle rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes reduce the baking temperature to 356 F and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing and dust with powdered sugar.
*Instead of cherries you can use berries of your choice.
*Topping do not enter into the calculation of nutrition facts.
*Nutritional information on Know2How is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This information is a product of online calculators and should be considered estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. If the accuracy of any nutritional information is important to you, reliance on such information provided on the website is not suggested.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238.6Total Fat: 10.4gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 62.5mgCarbohydrates: 32.2gNet Carbohydrates: 31.3gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 18.4gProtein: 4.5g