Easy Fig Jam, savor the flavor of summer with this super Easy Fig Jam made with just a few ingredients. A great addition to a cheese platter, top your favorite burger and fry up in a crispy grilled cheese sandwich. This jam is so good you’ll want to try it on just about everything.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh figs (cut in quarters and stems removed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- In a medium saucepan, toss the figs, sugar, lemon and vanilla to coat.
- Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved and the figs are juicy.
- Turn the heat to low, add the water and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the fruity is soft and the juices are beginning to thicken.
- Turn off the heat and spoon the jam into two pint size jars. Close the jars and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store the jam in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Fig jam tastes great paired with yogurt or cheese. It also pairs well with cookies or crackers. Best of all, it's very simple to make.