When you made tahini, use it in salad dressings, falafels, as a marinade for tofu, a topping for baked potatoes. It gives so much flavor and depth to your hummus, your dips and spreads. Not only can it be added to these items but it’s high in unsaturated fat (good fat). It also has a very high source of protein in comparison to most nuts. It is quite healthier than peanut butter, to which it is most similar, so it is better to replace it with tahini, if you can.
Health Benefits of Easy Homemade Tahini
It is an extremely nutritionally healthy food. In addition to the abundance of iron, copper, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin B complex, calcium, it contains sesamin, which is a certain type of phytoestrogen with antioxidant and anticancer properties.
How To Store Easy Homemade Tahini?
Store the tahini in a glass container in your fridge for up to at least one month.
If you try this Easy Homemade Tahini, please let me know. Leave a comment and rate it below. I would love to hear feedback from you.
You May Also Like
- 1 cup sesame seeds (hulled)
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil (or grape seed oil)
- Heat a clean, dry cast iron or heavy duty skillet over medium high heat and add the sesame seeds. Stir frequently until they begin to turn golden brown and then stir constantly about 3-5 minutes.
- Once they're toasted, add them to a food processor (while they are still warm).
- Blend in your food processor on high speed for one minute. Add 3 tablespoon of sunflower oil and blend for another minute (or more depends from your food processor), scraping down the sides, until you have a smooth tahini paste.
- Transfer the tahini paste in a glass jar and store in your fridge for up to at least one month.
Use hulled sesame seeds. Hulled sesame seeds will make a smoother tahini and taste less bitter.
Separation of the oil is natural over time, just stir before you use it.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 0.8gUnsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gProtein: 1g