Energy Dates Chocolate Bar is a pretty simple sweet treat super food to make and you don’t need a lot of ingredient. It’s totally raw so these are made and stored quickly for your daily needs. These little bars are the perfect craving buster. Pack well in lunches, and are best right out of the fridge or freezer. They so taste a whole lot like a candy bar without the guilt.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 8 oz dates (pitted an chopped)
- 2 tbsp raisins
- warm water (just enough to soak the dates and raisins)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Soak dates and raisins in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain all the water and transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add hazelnuts, cocoa powder and vanilla and pulse until all the ingredients starts to go smooth and clump and well incorporated.
- Transfer to a cutting board lined with wax or parchment paper. Form a log ( 7 x 4 x 1/2 inch approximately). Cut into 6 bars and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Enjoy these bars cold or frozen. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Energy dates chocolate bar is great quick snacks for busy days, weekend adventures and pre-workout snack.