French Crepes are wonderful for both savory fillings or can be filled with fresh whipped cream and topped with raspberries or any of your favorite fruit. First crepe or two may not always turn out perfectly. It is totally appropriate that you do a taste test to make sure they are good and continue with the rest.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 24 minutes
Total Time 34 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit (or Swerve granular)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix in a large bowl combine the coconut flour, Lakanto sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the eggs, oil and coconut milk.
- Then, add the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until a smooth batter is formed. Allow the batter to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes, this will allow the coconut flour to fully absorb all the liquid.
- After 10 minutes, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, grease with a little bit of butter or coconut oil, then using a 1/3 cup measure, spoon the batter into the pan, gently swirling the medium in a circular motion until batter is evenly distributed across the pan.
- Allow the crepe to cook for about 1-2 minutes on the first side. When the medium is ready to flip there will be tiny bubbles all over and the edges of the crepe will be golden brown.
- Using a large flat spatula, gently loosen the crepe from the pan then flip over. These crepes are actually more flexible than traditional ingredients so don’t worry about them breaking when flipping or folding over.
- Allow the crepe to cook on the second side for about one minute. Cook remaining batter in the same manner. Fill with your choice of filling and top with your favorite topping. Topping them with lightly sweetened whipped heavy cream and strawberries is perfect.
These Keto French Crepes are so simple to make and are extremely versatile. You can use them as a sandwich wrap, taco shells (cook thinner and crisper ones), enchilada wraps or just as they are.
Serving Size:2 crepes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 3gProtein: 8g