Fudge Walnut Brownies, if you’re looking for a happy little weekend bake, this recipe is just for you. It’s simple and so satisfying. This is an easy recipe for fudgy brownies that have no flour added.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter (plus more for pan)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped toasted)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Whisk together cornstarch, cocoa, cinnamon and salt. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth and begins to pull away from side of bowl, about 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 25-30 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
- Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using paper overhang, lift cake out of pan and cut into 16 squares. Use a very sharp knife to cut into squares.
Serve these brownies chilled for an intensely fudgy treat, or allow them to come to room temperature for a softer, more delicate texture. A scoop of vanilla ice cream is the perfect accompaniment.