This Grilled Chicken Kabobs uses a flavorful spice combination to give the juicy chunks of meat,a kick of heat and flavor!Chicken Kabobs are tender, juicy and deeply flavorful a huge hit at any BBQ. And they’re so simple to prepare with just chunks of chicken breast.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Additional Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- 3-4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 4 strips of raw bacon
- Pour some water in a 9 x 13 pan and place 10-12 wooden skewers into it. Allow them to soak for an hour or so. Cut 3-4 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds) into 2 inch cubes.
- Place them in a medium sized mixing bowl and sprinkle 2 tsp sea salt over the top. Toss the chicken to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes. This will help to both flavor the chicken and to keep it tender.
- Fire up your grill and heat it to 350 F. Slice 4 strips of raw bacon into 2 inch pieces. Place them into a small mixing bowl (or food processor). Use an immersion blender (or food processor) to turn the bacon into a thick paste.
- It gives the chicken a ton of flavor. It's bacon after all. Into a small bowl place 2 tsp paprika, 3 tsp smoked paprika and 5 tsp sugar. Toss them together to combine.
- Pour the seasoning mixture into the bacon paste. Stir it well to combine. Take a paper towel and pat the chicken dry, then spoon the seasoning/paste mixture over the chicken. Toss the chicken thoroughly to combine.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers. Lay a large piece of tin foil on your grill and spray it with cooking spray. Set the chicken kabobs on the foil. Cook for about 8 minutes per side.
- When the chicken has cooked through brush each kabob with BBQ Sauce. Allow them to cook for 2-3 additional minutes so the sauce has a chance to heat through. Serve with additional BBQ Sauce.
The common thread among these recipes is that they’re simple and quick to prepare and, more importantly, entirely reliable.