Raw Almond Milk is very easy and there are many benefits to your health. Homemade almond milk is nothing like the milk sold in the store. It’s perfectly creamy, naturally sweet, fresh and so tasty.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup raw organic almonds
- 2 cups water (filtered), plus more for soaking
- sweeteners like honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Place the almonds in a bowl and cover with about an inch of water. They will plump as they absorb water. Let stand on the counter, covered with a cloth, overnight, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Drain your plumped almonds in a strainer and rinse with pure water. Pop your almonds in blender and add 2 cups of water. Blend almond and water mixture for a few minutes until you have a fine, smooth and creamy meal like texture.
- Strain the almond mixture into a wide rimmed jug or bowl through a strainer lined with cheese cloth or muslin. Press down on the almond meal or twist the muslin shut to extract as much of the milk as you can.
- If you prefer your drinks a little sweeter, you can add a little honey or maple syrup, to your almond milk. Pop you almond milk in the fridge in an airtight container. Stored like this, your almond milk should remain fresh for up to 2 days or so.
The process essentially involves soaking almonds in water overnight or for up to two days, the longer you soak the almonds, the creamier the milk will be.