Incredibly Delicious Guacamole is a dip made from avocados. It’s originally from Mexico, so creamy, fresh and completely irresistible. The name is derived from two Aztec Nahuatl words ahuacatl (avocado) and molli (sauce).
Prep Time 8 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/2 small chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno (including seeds)
- Split the avocados and use a large spoon to scoop the flesh out into a bowl. Mash with a fork until the avocado reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in chopped onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and jalapeno. Whip lightly with the fork until guacamole has a slightly fluffy texture.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as you wish. Serve in a bowl and garnish with slices of lime and tortilla chips.
The trick to making perfect guacamole is using good, ripe avocados. If you have never been a fan of guacamole, try out this recipe.