- 1.5 lb boneless chuck (cut into large cubes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 5 carrots (cut into chunks)
- 6 oz bacon
- 1 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1.5 cups beef stock
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1.5 cups red wine
- 1/2 lb white mushrooms (cut in half)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Cook the bacon in a little olive oil in the inner pot by turning on the saute function on your instant pot, and adjust it to the medium heat option.
- Don't wait for the display to say hot, add oil right away and brown the meat on both sides then turn off the saute function. When the bacon is cooked remove it and set aside. Then, brown the beef pieces and add a little more oil if you need to.
- Add the carrots, onions, bay leaves, thyme, garlic, sea salt, pepper, and cooked bacon to the pot with the meat and pour over the red wine and gluten free beef stock.
- Lock the lid, turn the steam release vent to sealing and using the manual setting, adjust it to cook for 12 minutes at High Pressure.
- When the cook time time is up, allow the unit to reduce pressure on its own without opening the steam release vent Natural Release for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsp cornstarch, with about 1-2 tablespoons cold beef broth and add to the pot and mix well, now add the mushrooms.
- Turn on the saute function to allow the sauce to thicken and the mushrooms to cook, this will take only a few minutes. If it's not thick enough for you, simply add more cornstarch as before.
The ingredients for this dish are super simple. Ingredients that are in our fridge and pantry all the time. There’s a decent amount of prep work involved in this recipe, like cutting the beef and chopping all of the vegetables, but it’s well worth the effort.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 40g