- 2.5 lb beef brisket
- 1/4 cup Keto BBQ seasoning (or any sugar free store brand)
- 2 tbsp avocado (or other light tasting oil)
- 4 slices onion (peeled)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp low sugar ketchup
- Rub brisket on all sides with BBQ seasoning. Heat oil in Instant Pot on Saute function. Place the seasoned brisket into the pot and sear for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove with tongs and add the four slices of onion to the bottom of the pot. Place the brisket, fat side up on top of the onions. Whisk together water, apple cider vinegar and ketchup.
- Pour around the brisket. Cover and seal according to manufacturer’s instructions. Set to Manual, High Pressure and enter 60 minutes on the timer.
- When finished cooking, use the quick release function to remove steam and pressure. Once all steam is removed, unlock and carefully remove the lid.
- Remove the brisket to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve. You’ll want to slice the brisket against the grain carefully with a sharp knife to break up the muscle fibers and make it even easier to eat.
- It's easier to shred it with two forks, through it’s not as pretty when you serve it. Serve the sliced brisket with the onions and pan juices.
Brisket is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal. It is normally a tough cut of meat because the brisket is the muscle area that supports about 60% of the weight of the animal. It is one of the most inexpensive cuts of beef and when cooked properly it becomes tender and is incredibly tasty.
To prevent Burn Error after you sear the meat, deglaze the pot by adding the broth (or other liquid) and scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon or spatula. You want to remove as much of the brown bits as possible. This will only flavor the sauce.
Serving Size:2 slices (about 4 oz)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380 Total Fat: 28g Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 29g