- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 14 oz can kidney beans (drained)
- 14 oz can black beans (drained)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 dried chilies diced (optional)
- 3 chicken breasts (frozen or fresh)
- 14 oz can corn (drained)
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional)
- Put everything except the chicken, the corn and the cream cheese into the Instant Pot. Stir until combined then add the chicken breasts.
- Close the pressure cooker and set the valve to seal. Change the setting to manual and adjust the time to 13 minutes on High Pressure.
- Once the timer is up and the Instant Pot beeps, let pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes then do a quick release, by changing the position of the valve to vent.
- Carefully remove the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Press saute button. Add corn and shredded chicken back into the pot and stir, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese if using and serve with your favorite toppings, or none at all.
You can actually prep the recipe entirely up to the point of cooking, in the Instant Pot inner pot, then cover and store in the fridge up to 1 day before cooking. This makes dinner time a breeze if you have been out in the afternoon.
It freezes well if you need a meal to bring to someone. Or if you just like having meals in the freezer for later.