- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large red onion (sliced)
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini juices
- 15 pepperoncini peppers (mild or hot)
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Set the Instant Pot on Saute. Add the butter, onions and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes to soften the onions. Meanwhile, cut the beef chuck into 4 large chunks.
- Once the onions are soft, place the beef down in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add the pepperoncinis, pepper juice, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, sugar, Italian seasoning and pepper. Lock the lid into place.
- Then set the Instant Pot on the Meat setting, or Pressure Cook High for 50 minutes. Once the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot. Perform a Quick Release.
- Once the steam valve drops it's safe to open the lid. Use tongs or forks to shred the beef into the juices. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve as is for a low carb meal, or as a sandwich.
This roast freezes well also if you wanted to double the recipe and freeze half. Tender, juicy and full of flavor. Shorten the all-day cook of traditional Italian Beef with the aid of the Instant Pot, total game changer.
Serving Size:4 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 404mgCarbohydrates: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g