Instant Pot Jambalaya a delicious one-pot meal that you can make so quickly in the pressure cooker if you have all the ingredients ready. This Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe makes a lot, so it’s great for a crowd or leftovers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Additional Time 10 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 12 oz Andouille sausage (sliced)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 1/2 tsp Creole seasoning (divided)
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add oil to inner pot. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside with sausage.
- Add onion, celery and red pepper and cook until onion is soft, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Stir in 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning, thyme, salt, tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, broth, bay leaves and Tabasco sauce.
- Stir in sausage and chicken. Turn Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/High (or Manual) for 7 minutes. Be sure valve is in Sealing position.
- Do a quick release and open Instant Pot. Do not open until the pin drops. Stir in shrimp, parsley and green onions. Cover Instant Pot and turn it off. Let the residual heat cook the shrimp for about 8 to 10 minutes.
This jambalaya with long grain rice recipe is one of greatest comfort foods and it will quickly win it’s way into your heart too. Leaving out the shrimp is a good way to make this a more affordable meal for your family.