Instant Pot Pork Belly is so easy to make using the Instant Pot. Follow this recipe for amazing and tender pork belly. Easy, tender and delicious pork belly and makes for an easy meal with lots of slow cooked flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes
- 1 lb. pastured pork belly
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced or chopped)
- ½ cup of broth
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp duck fat (lard or coconut oil)
- Rub the fatty side of the pork belly with the salt-spice mixture. Pour the broth and the wine into the Instant Pot. Now place the pork belly in the instant pot, spice side up.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure to High and the time to 80 minutes. A few minutes before the time is up, preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place a couple tablespoons of duck fat in a cast iron pan. Transfer the pan to the oven to get nice and hot. When the time is up, use two spatulas to lift the cooked pork belly out of the Instant Pot.
- It will be very tender and may fall apart if you use tongs. Remove any large bits of garlic or spice and place the pork belly fat side down in the preheated cast iron pan.
- If your pork belly has curled, top it with another cast iron pan to weigh it down. Then pop into the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or to your desired crispness.
- Allow to cool slightly, then gently transfer to a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut into cubes.
Serving Size:2 oz serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340 Total Fat: 33g Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 44mg Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 6g