- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 pounds boneless country style pork ribs (dried)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Swerve granulated
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together the dry rub ingredients until well combined.
- Melt butter for the sauce in a medium sized sauce pan over Medium heat. Mix in remaining sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add ribs to the spice rub mixture and rub evenly on all sides of the ribs and massage into the meat.
- Pour the beef broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Stack the ribs on top of the rack. Pour 1/2 of the sauce on the ribs.
- Pressure cook on High for 35 minutes. Allow the steam to release naturally, 15 minutes.
- Take the ribs out of the Instant Pot and place them on a serving platter. Brush the tops with remaining sauce.
Country-style ribs aren’t ribs at all, but blade steaks or chops. Cut from the blade portion of the loin’s shoulder end, they often include part of the upper rib bones, though they may be boneless. They have a lot of connective tissue and fat, making them ideal for barbecue, not unlike real ribs. This flavorful cut, is thicker and meatier than spareribs and baby backs.
Serving Size:1 rib
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 28g