Instant Pot Potato Salad is a classic summer BBQ side dish that needs to be at every get together, or else it just feels like something is missing. Creamy, easy and so quick in a pressure cooker. Truly the Instant Pot makes it a breeze to make your favorite salad. 15 minutes and a handful of ingredients is all you need.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Total Time 9 minutes
- 3 pounds russet potatoes white potatoes (peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 large eggs hard-boiled and finely chopped
- 1 large dill pickle (finely diced)
- 1 cup celery (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Add salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 4 cups cold water to the pressure cooker. Place a steamer basket in the pressure cooker pot.
- Add potatoes and place the eggs on top of potatoes. Place lid on and lock it, make sure the valve points to seal. Select high pressure and set to 4 minutes. Immediately release the pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Transfer hard boiled eggs in a bowl with cold water. Gently transfer the potatoes to a colander and drain. Add them to a large bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and let them cool to room temperature. Finely dice the cooled eggs. In a medium bowl mix all the Dressing ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour over the cooled potatoes and gently mix, careful to not entirely crush the potatoes. Cover and chill in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving.
- You can enjoy your potato salad for 2-3 days before it goes bad. Anything after that you need to toss out.
The best one-pot dish you can make for your next BBQ. You can make potato salad the day before you plan to serve it. Just store in the fridge until you are ready to get it out for your meal.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 840mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g