Instant Pot Triple Berry Jam is a healthy condiment to have on hand for upping the deliciousness of your breakfast, dessert and snacks. Any combination of favorite berries will do and 5 minutes of your time and you have delicious, easy jam. There is no water in this recipe.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 39 minutes
- 4 cups fresh or frozen triple berry mix (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- ½ orange juice (or lemon)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Add berry mix, maple syrup, orange juice and vanilla extract to the pressure cooker pot. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. Add chia seeds and stir quickly so they don’t clump.
- Cover with the lid and let sit for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Jam will thicken when chilled. Freezes perfectly.
You may flavor your chia seed jam any number of ways by adding vanilla or other extracts, citrus zest or juice, spices like cinnamon or cardamom, fresh ginger and even alcohol.
Serving Size:1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 2.1gSodium: 4.3mgCarbohydrates: 19.5gFiber: 3.8gSugar: 12.3gProtein: 1.5g