- 8 slices bacon (thick or regular cut)
- 2 lbs asparagus (ends trimmed)
- 4 tbsp butter or dairy-free butter (melted)
- 2 tsp stevia powder
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper to taste
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place bacon strips on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet. The rack will help keep the bacon from sitting in it's own liquid, which can hinder the crisping process.
- Be careful not to let the strips overlap. Bake bacon in oven for 12-16 minutes until strips are more than halfway cooked. Let bacon cool slightly before handling and drain bacon grease from the pan.
- Break asparagus to remove the dry ends. Wrap 4-5 pieces of asparagus in one strip of bacon. Place asparagus bundles back on wire rack over the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, sweetener, salt and pepper. Brush over asparagus bundles and bake bundles for 15-20 minutes, or until asparagus is cooked to your taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a sprinkle of parsley.
Everything is better with bacon. This dish is keto friendly and also adds all the benefits that asparagus brings to your digestive system and health.
You can serve Bacon Wrapped Asparagus as a side dish or hearty appetizer. They also tastes great at room temperature, so it’s an excellent option for parties or a buffet table.
Serving Size:1 bundle
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 30mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 2gProtein: 5g