- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 slices bacon (diced)
- 1 pound beef (stewing steak cubed)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup beef stock
- sour cream (to garnish optional)
- Pour some oil in the Instant Pot dish, and using the Saute function gently fry the onion, garlic and bacon until cooked but not browned.
- Add the beef and saute until the beef is browned on all sides. Add the paprika, tomato paste, mushrooms and beef broth. Stir together then pop the lid on and turn until it clicks indicating it is fully sealed. Cook on High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- Use the quick release valve to release the pressure. Serve with zucchini noodles or mashed cauliflower, and garnish with chopped parsley.
For those avoiding starchy carbs or wheat, this gorgeous stew is great over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice or with some steamed greens on the side. This stew freezes well, so it’s great for batch cooking and meal prep.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 19gCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gProtein: 29g