Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars are absolutely perfect for your weekend or holiday brunch. Crumble Bar recipes may look intimidating to make, but it’s actually quite easy. Think of it as a two part recipe. You’ve got your delicious crust and crumble and then the fruit filling. The blueberry filling is where this blueberry dessert recipe gets tasty.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 1 hour 40 minutes
Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup Swerve (confectioners)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
Crust - Crumble:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Swerve (granular)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries and water.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, until the berries can be easily mashed. Mash them up a bit.
- Whisk in the sweetener, and then sprinkle the surface with xanthan gum and whisk vigorously to combine. Let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut, sweetener, coconut flour and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter and the vanilla extract until the dough begins to clump together. Press half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Spread the crust with the blueberry filling and sprinkle with the remaining crust mixture. Press the top crust into the filling lightly to adhere.
- Bake another 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Let cool completely before cutting and serving. Store in refrigerator.
If you decide to use frozen berries for this recipe, you may need to increase the cooking time on the filling. Frozen berries typically release more liquid than fresh.
Serving Size:1 Bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 7.5gCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gProtein: 1.5g