Keto Chocolate Cake is incredibly moist, rich and chocolatey and comes in at only 3 net carbs per slice. Spring is always an good excuse to make cake and this keto chocolate cake recipe is a new favorite. This cake uses only a very small amount of coconut flour, which makes it super fudgy, almost like a brownie.
Prep Time 50 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 2 hours
- 1 2/3 cup swerve confectioners
- 3/4 cup unsweetened baking chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 8 tbsp salted butter (plus more for greasing pan)
- 2 1/2 tbsp dutched unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup confectioners swerve
- Grease the sides of a (9-inch) pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Sift together coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking powder over a bowl. Stir until well-mixed. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl add baking chocolate and butter. Microwave until just melted in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Add sweetener, warm water and vanilla to the chocolate mixture, whisking them in until dissolved.
- Put eggs, vigorously whisking for a few minutes until smooth. Add coconut flour mixture, gradually whisking in until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it out to the sides and smoothing the top.
- Let it rest for about 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 300 F. Bake at 300 F for 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes. While waiting, prepare the ganache in the next step. In a bowl, add all ganache ingredients. Microwave until the chocolate is just melted in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- The texture should be very smooth. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the mixture has a spreadable consistency. Spread a thin layer of ganache on the top and down the sides of the cake.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Use powdered sweetener for better texture. Using a granulated sweetener may yield a grainy result and a liquid one will make the cake too runny. If you have a granulated sweetener, you could try powdering it in a coffee grinder or food processor.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 5g