- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cups avocado oil
- Add the egg yolk, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt and garlic powder into a food processor and blend for about a minute.
- Then, while still blending, pour in about a tablespoon of avocado oil through the opening at a time. Wait a few seconds between pours for the avocado oil to emulsify.
- Once emulsified and looking like mayonnaise, transfer to a clean, dry mason jar and refrigerate. The mixture should look pale yellow and thick. Taste and season with salt as desired.
- Keep refrigerated between uses in an airtight container or mason jar. The mayonnaise will thicken as it chills. Best if used within one week.
This recipe contains raw egg, so it is not recommended for infants, pregnant women, or anyone with weakened immune systems. Feel free to substitute pasteurized egg yolk if needed.
You can whisk the emulsion together by hand because it’s easier to see and feel the sauce thickening, compared to making it in a food processor or blender. However, those tools are great for making large batches.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 11gProtein: 0g