Keto French Silk Pie is rich and decadent. A flaky pie shell is filled with an irresistibly chocolate cream filling and topped with homemade whipped cream. French Silk Pie isn’t just good, it’s great. Whipped cream is becoming a more popular addition to many deserts. Both pros and home users are whipping cream using a cream whipper and whip cream chargers. They are available cheap online from Cream Charger Warehouse or other sites. With them you can make whipped cream literally in under 3 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup salted butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz dark chocolate (for shavings or curls)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and place the rack in the middle. In your stand mixer, or by hand in a large bowl, mix together all of the crust ingredients until a uniform dough forms.
- Press the dough into a pie tin or glass pie baking dish. Try to form a thin even layer that covers the bottom and all of the sides of the dish. Use a fork to poke several holes all over the bottom of the crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned. Set aside to cool, uncovered.
- Heat one of the chocolate bars in a microwave-safe bowl for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat until the bar is just barely fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add the butter and the Swerve Confectioners Sweetener. Cream together at a medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla extract and optional espresso powder. Mix on medium-high until even and smooth.
- Swap out the paddle attachment for the whisk attachment. Turn the speed to medium and add the first egg. Allow the mixer to whisk for 5 minutes.
- Add the next egg and allow to mix for 5 minutes, repeating with the final 2 eggs for a total of 20 minutes of mixing. Pour the filling into the cooled pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Whip the heavy cream with the sweetener and vanilla extract. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings or curls.
The eggs in this recipe are not cooked. If that concerns you, you can use pasteurized eggs. It’s safe to eat raw and under cooked eggs if you practice good food hygiene and safety.
Raw eggs are actually easier to digest than cooked eggs. They’re packed with protein, all sorts of vitamins, minerals and good fats. Use within 2 weeks of purchase.
Wash eggs shells under water, just before cracking them. Avoid using any eggs that have a cracked shell.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 44.6gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 5gProtein: 7g