- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners Erythritol (Swerve)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 1/2 oz full fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (no added sugar)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (optional for extra lemon flavor)
- 1/4 cup confectioners Erythritol (Swerve)
- 1 tbsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl mix, combine, and set the bowl aside. Add all of the wet ingredients to an even larger bowl, and use a hand mixer to combine those ingredients.
- Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the dry ingredients and use the hand mixer to combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- When everything is incorporated into one another and a batter has formed, pour the batter into a 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for around 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let the loaf cool in the tray and while it’s cooling mix the glaze ingredients together in a small dish.
- When the loaf has cooled completely, remove the loaf from the tray, and add the glaze to the top of the loaf. Let the glaze set on top of the loaf, and once set, cut the loaf into 12 slices.
The beauty of this recipe is that it is easily adaptable and you can change the flavors to suit your own tastes. It’s a very moist cake with a subtle lemon flavor, definitely sweet but not overly sweet.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 13.5gCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 1.5gFiber: 1.5gProtein: 7g