- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup Swerve granular
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded, drained)
- 1/3 cup Swerve confectioners
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together oil, Swerve granular, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Fold in the dry ingredients with the wet. Fold the zucchini and lemon zest into the batter.
- Transfer to the loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. If it's browning too much toward the end of bake time, cover with foil. A toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean when cooked.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. Whisk together Swerve confectioners and lemon juice. Frost the cooled loaf. Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The lemon zest brightens up the whole loaf, making this a dessert you could eat at any time of the day. The vanilla extract brings all of the flavors and ingredients together and rounds it all out to make a balanced treat. Don’t skip the glaze because it really is the icing on the bread.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 13gCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1g