Keto Marshmallows, fluffy sweet pillows that melt beautifully in your favorite beverage and won’t give you cavities. This marshmallows recipe allows you to make low-carb, guilt-free versions of the popular treat.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 2 1/2 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 2/3 cup powdered Swerve sweetener
- 2/3 cup Bocha Sweet (or xylitol, or allulose)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an pan with parchment or waxed paper and lightly grease the paper. Attach the whisk attachment to a stand mixer. Pour half of the water into the bowl and sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Let stand while preparing the syrup. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining water, sweeteners, cream of tartar and sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sweeteners. Using a candy thermometer or an instant read thermometer, bring the mixture to 236 F to 240 F. Remove from heat.
- Turn the stand mixer on low and slowly pour the hot syrup down the side of the bowl. Once all of the syrup is mixed in, add the extract. Turn the stand mixer to medium high and beat until the mixture is lukewarm, thickened and white. This can take 5 to 15 minutes.
- Working quickly, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Let set for 6 to 8 hours, until the top is no longer tacky to the touch. Flip out onto a cutting board and cut to the desired size.
- Dust with powdered sweetener, if desired. Let sit for a day exposed to the air to dry out a bit, then store in a covered container. Enjoy this marshmallows with a cup of Creamy Hot Chocolate.
These keto marshmallows are sweet and perfect for making smores. You can easily vary the sweeteners for your dietary needs.
Serving Size:2 marshmallows
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 14Carbohydrates: 0.1gProtein: 1.5g