- 3-4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (homemade keto BBQ sauce)
- In a small bowl, combine all dry seasonings until well-mixed. Set aside. Trim the pork of any visible fat. Cut into roughly 8 even pieces.
- Add the pork pieces and dry seasonings to a gallon-size resealable bag. Toss until the pork is well-coated. Add water to the pressure cooker pot. Place the pork pieces inside. Secure and seal the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 60 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural release. Manually release remaining pressure. Uncover and transfer only the pork to a large bowl, leaving the liquid in the pot.
- Use 2 forks to shred the pork. Toss with your favorite BBQ sauce. Optionally serve with coleslaw.
The pork shoulder is the best cut of meat to use for pulled pork due to the high fat content and flavor. It cooks up tender and juicy with pressure cooking in the Instant Pot.
You can use frozen pork for this recipe, just increase the cooking time. As a general rule, if you are cooking fresh pork at 20 minutes per pound, you will want to increase the time to 30 minutes per pound for frozen.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 600Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 1280mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 6gProtein: 48g