- 2 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and grease your muffin pan or line it with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl combine the almond flour, swerve, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly between the muffins cups. Sprinkle some of the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean. When done, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Store at room temperature for 4-5 days. Place the remaining muffins in freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
When making any type of muffin there is one very important key step to remember. Don’t over mix the batter. Once the flour is added to the bowl, only mix it in just until combined. Over mixing creates a tough and chewy muffin due to the development of too much gluten during the mixing process.
Serving Size:1 Muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 11gCarbohydrates: 1.6gNet Carbohydrates: 0.9gFiber: 0.7gProtein: 4.5g