Keto Red Velvet Donuts are perfect for your festive table. This dessert or breakfast or snack is great option for all holidays, what with all the rich red color and become melt in your mouth tender. These donuts will be a family favorite. and have a peek here to know what is so special about it.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 drops red food coloring
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all dry ingredients together for the donut batter. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients for the donut batter.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing together well until consistent. Once mixture is thoroughly combined, pour the mixture into a plastic bag.
- Slice a small hole in the plastic bag and use it to pipe the batter into each indent of your mini donut tray, about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you're making larger size donuts, it will take 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then continue cooling on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are in the oven, create the icing. Start by using a coffee grinder to powder the erythritol. Once powdered, add the other ingredients and stir together until everything is combined.
- Once out of the oven, dunk each donut and decorate how you want. You can let the icing harden by placing in the refrigerator.
- Optionally, crumble 1 doughnut and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the doughnuts.
These Keto Red Velvet Donuts are not only extremely moist in consistency but when done right, they deliver a warming 'crunch' sound as the outsides stiffen just a touch. This is proof that you do not have to sacrifice flavor and fun with keto.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 5.3gNet Carbohydrates: 0.7gProtein: 1.5g