- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 drops red food coloring
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all dry ingredients together for the donut batter. In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients for the donut batter.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing together well until consistent. Once mixture is thoroughly combined, pour the mixture into a plastic bag.
- Slice a small hole in the plastic bag and use it to pipe the batter into each indent of your mini donut tray, about 3/4 full.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If you're making larger size donuts, it will take 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then continue cooling on a wire rack.
- While the donuts are in the oven, create the icing. Start by using a coffee grinder to powder the erythritol. Once powdered, add the other ingredients and stir together until everything is combined.
- Once out of the oven, dunk each donut and decorate how you want. You can let the icing harden by placing in the refrigerator.
- Optionally, crumble 1 doughnut and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the doughnuts.
These Keto Red Velvet Donuts are not only extremely moist in consistency but when done right, they deliver a warming 'crunch' sound as the outsides stiffen just a touch. This is proof that you do not have to sacrifice flavor and fun with keto.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 5.3gNet Carbohydrates: 0.7gProtein: 1.5g