- 1.3 lb brussels sprouts (trimmed)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 390 F fan forced (410 F conventional oven, you want your oven hot). Place a heavy pan in the oven while preheating. Cut the ends off the Brussels sprouts so that the very bottom is removed, but so that they still have a little stem which will help hold the leaves together.
- Remove any loose leaves. Add to the heated baking tray and pour over the oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then arrange the sprouts flat-side down.
- Cook 25 – 30 minutes. Note that there is no need to turn. Check about 15 minutes in to ensure they are cooking evenly the bottoms and tops should both be starting to brown.
- The result is sprouts that are deliciously crisp on the outside and perfectly cooked in the middle. Serve with a generous sprinkle of sea salt.
Choose Brussels sprouts that are vivid green and are tightly closed. The smaller Brussels sprouts taste sweeter. After purchasing your Brussels sprouts use them right away and don’t over cook them. Over cooking can make them bitter.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 10.6gSaturated Fat: 1.5gUnsaturated Fat: 12.6gNet Carbohydrates: 6.8gFiber: 5.8gProtein: 5.1g