Keto Vanilla Ice Cream, the easiest homemade vanilla ice cream recipe you’ll ever make. Just five ingredients and no ice cream maker necessary. It’s ridiculously creamy and fragrant plus, it won’t freeze rock solid, like your usual homemade low carb ice cream.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Additional Time 3 hours
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar (or fresh lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup powdered Erythritol (or Swerve)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar-free vanilla extract (or 1 tsp vanilla bean powder)
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Start whisking the egg whites and add the cream of tartar. As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered Erythritol.
- Whisk until they create stiff peaks. In another bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Be careful not to over whisk the cream.
- In a third bowl, mix the egg yolks with the vanilla extract or vanilla powder. Slowly fold the whisked egg whites into the whipped cream.
- Then add the egg yolk mixture and gently fold in using a spatula until well combined. Place the mixture in a loaf pan or a freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, allow ice cream to thaw 2 to 5 minutes before scooping and serving.
It does come out in a soft-serve consistency but firms up nicely after freezing for a few hours. One of life’s simplest sweet pleasures. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving Size:2 scoops
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239 Total Fat: 22.2g Saturated Fat: 13.1g Sodium: 66mg Carbohydrates: 2.3g Net Carbohydrates: 2.3g Protein: 5.1g