Lemon Bars looks so cheery and fancy, while taking very little work at all to make. These traditional lemon bars are soft and tangy and guaranteed to make a mess of your fingers.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
For the Crust
- ¾ cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 1 cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp liquid stevia
- ¾ cup Lakanto Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 tbsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix all ingredients with a mixer until well combined. Everything should hold together. For best results line the pan with parchment paper or foil in the bottom of a square 9 x 9 first, then you can simply lift out the completed lemon bars.
- Coat the foil with coconut oil. Spread the dough in the pan, then bake at 325 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. After baking the crust let it completely cool before adding the filling.
- To make the lemon filling, increase oven temp to 350 degrees F. Mix the Lakanto, xanthan gum and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in eggs and yolks and mix well. Stir in lemon juice and mix until sweetener is completely dissolved. Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 30 minutes, until bars are just cooked through.
- Let cool then use a sharp knife to cut them into 9 bars.
If you are craving something refreshing on a keto diet and think that fruits are not an option, there are few you can choose low-carb fruits that are keto approved. The taste is on point, the texture is fantastic and the macros are incredible.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 11gCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gProtein: 9g