Lemon Crinkle Cookies are unbelievably simple to make, and they practically melt in your mouth. These lemon cookies are bound to become favorites around your house. They’re also a great dessert to take to potlucks, family reunions, and picnics. The next time you find yourself craving something lemony, give one of these recipes a try.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp powdered coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and place a rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir almond flour, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites with an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment at medium speed until soft peaks form. Stir in the lemon juice.
- With a wooden spoon fold in the almond flour mixture. At this point a thick sticky dough will form. Place the powdered sugar in a shallow dish.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough, drop into the powdered sugar and roll into a ball. Place on the lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Repeat to make 22 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops crack and bottoms have lightly browned. Let cool completely on the baking sheet before removing.
- Store tightly covered for several days or freeze for several weeks.
Perfect for making ahead of time and pulling out when you need them. You can freeze lemon cookies for a few weeks when sealed tightly and layered with parchment or wax paper. Defrost at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 5g