- 1 lb flat iron steak (thinly sliced against the grain)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 green onions (cut into 1-inch long slices)
Low Carb Marinade
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- Cut the Flat Iron Steak into very thin slices against the grain. Add the sliced beef to a small zip lock bag and add the coconut aminos, ginger and garlic. Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook, drain the meat from the marinade but reserve the liquid for later. Pour the coconut oil to a large wok or cast iron skillet and heat it until it's almost smoking. Oil must be hot so you can get the nice crispy edges on the beef.
- Lightly add the beef to the very hot oil and keep stir frying over a high heat. Taking care not to burn it for just 1-3 minutes. When the last batch of meat is in. Add the green onions and cook for the last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- If you want more 'sauce' to serve with the meat quickly cook the remaining marinade for just a minute or two in your wok. After the last batch of beef has been cooked and serve with the beef. Plate up with steamed vegetables.
To make the marinade a little bit sweet as the regular recipe, add some erythritol. You can add your choice of keto sweetener such as monk fruit or feel free to not use any sweetener if you don’t like it sweet.
You can easily double or even triple this recipe as needed too. Freeze it and defrost it to have a week or so later.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 424mg Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 21g