Here’s a recipe of homemade self tanning concoctions that doesn’t just possibly give you a perfect tan, but it’s safe. Mixture of ingredients you can commonly find in your refrigerator or pantry, that when mixed and applied gives your skin a healthy tanned look.
Natural Self Tanner Recipe
- 4 black tea bags
- ¾ cup of water for soaking the tea
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup cocoa butter
- ⅓ cup raw cocoa powder
Bring the ¾ cup of water to boil. Soak tea bags for at least 30 minutes. The longer you soak, the darker the tanner. Blend cocoa butter (you may need to warm up before hand to make it workable), cocoa powder and coconut oil in a blender. Add half of the steeped tea to the mixture. Blend together for 2 minute. Add the remaining tea and blend again for another minute.
Make sure you exfoliate your skin, to remove a dead cells, before application. Spot test on a small section of your skin rubbing the lotion in a circular motion. If you like the color continue with a full coat. As with any other tanner, avoid your elbows, knees, ankles and hands.
The best part about making your own sunless tanning lotion is that:
- The recipe contain no harsh chemicals.
- You will avoid the weird orange color that sometimes comes from store-bought products.
- You can customize the color just by changing the recipe up a little.
- Cheap to make and will save you hundreds of dollars a year.