Pasta Arrabiata recipe is a simple quick healthy meal for four made in less than half an hour. Served with warm garlic bread, it’s a complete meal in itself.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 27 oz can diced tomatoes
- 23 oz jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lb dried pasta
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- chopped fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on med-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pot and saute for about a two minutes.
- Then add salt, pepper and red chili flakes and saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, then cover with lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 8-10 minutes until pasta is fork tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in red pepper, oregano and cook for another 2-3 minutes. May be served with salad or toasted bread and drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
This delicious dish will satisfy all those needs with minimal fuss and effort. Beauty of Italian cuisine is it's simplicity and this spicy and tangy sauce is no exception.