For the best bbq accessories and equipment, you may check out this edmonton store bbq to go post here for more info!
- 1 sweet onion (medium-size, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 habanero peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 large peaches (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook onion with oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until onion is softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and peppers.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly or until fragrant. Add ketchup, peaches and preserves. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. If you want that silky smooth consistency you blend sauce.
- This recipe has chunks of peaches, so unless you like chunky BBQ sauce, it needs to be blended with either a standard blender or wand blender. Puree sauce in a blender, in 2 batches if needed.
- This sauce refrigerates well. Store in a glass jar with a lid inside the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The great thing about homemade barbecue sauce is that you control the ingredients. Use your judgement on how many additional peppers to use for your desired heat level. The sauce can be used on baby back ribs, St. Louis ribs, pork chops, pork loins, chicken and salmon.