For Peach Syrup:
- 4 ½ cups frozen sliced peaches
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 family-sized black tea bags
- 5 ½ cups water
- In a large saucepan, add peaches, water and sugar. Let cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Use a masher to mash the peaches as they soften. Let cook for about 10 more minutes. Strain the peach mixture, then set aside.
- Boil 5 1/2 cups of water, then remove from the heat. Place the tea bags in the water and and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour the peach syrup into the pot of tea and mix it.
- Refrigerate until the tea is nice and cold. Fill glasses up with ice, then pour in the tea and serve.
You can adjust the sugar level a little bit on this recipe. If you do not like sweet tea, cut back to maybe 1/4 cup sugar and let the peaches do the sweetening.