Peach Iced Tea. Beautiful, mild and refreshing drink to enjoy on lazy days. Simple and absolutely perfect for the summertime, this cooling drink will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This recipe is really fantastic to serve for guests. Everyone will be saying how great this fresh tea is. You don’t have to tell them how incredibly easy it was. The process to make this tea is really simple.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Additional Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
For Peach Syrup:
- 4 ½ cups frozen sliced peaches
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 family-sized black tea bags
- 5 ½ cups water
- In a large saucepan, add peaches, water and sugar. Let cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Use a masher to mash the peaches as they soften. Let cook for about 10 more minutes. Strain the peach mixture, then set aside.
- Boil 5 1/2 cups of water, then remove from the heat. Place the tea bags in the water and and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Pour the peach syrup into the pot of tea and mix it.
- Refrigerate until the tea is nice and cold. Fill glasses up with ice, then pour in the tea and serve.
You can adjust the sugar level a little bit on this recipe. If you do not like sweet tea, cut back to maybe 1/4 cup sugar and let the peaches do the sweetening.