- 1⅔ cups mashed bananas (3-4 large bananas)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (to swirl in to batter)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter, until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Add a dollop of peanut butter to the top of the muffin and swirl in with a knife of toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
It is one of the easiest desserts, the preparation and baking time is very fast, and you can make it in various flavors. Bananas are the secret magic ingredient in this recipe, where they act as the sole sweetener.
The peanut butter in these muffins once they’re cooked is so warm and creamy. Be careful because it will just ooze out with delicious goodness when you bite into the muffin.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 21gNet Carbohydrates: 16gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 7g