- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 heaped tbsp tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 8 oz beef bone broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil under medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers. Fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper and spices.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top with cheese, sour cream and lime if desired.
- One pot is all you need making it perfect for any crowd, be it a family dinner or feeding hungry fans on game day.
One of the best health benefits of grass-fed beef is that it contains more CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) than regular grain-fed beef. Grass-fed beef can also help lower overall cholesterol and contains higher amounts of disease-fighting antioxidants such as vitamin E. Help build muscle and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 5.5gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 577mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gProtein: 24g