Quick & Easy Creme Caramel, stunning sweet dessert with a strong caramel flavor and vanilla fragrance that you’ll never get tired of. It is a tasty classic that makes everyone wonder when you became such a star chef.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Additional Time 5 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups hot milk
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a saucepan, cook the sugar and water until it is a dark golden brown. Divide among six (1/2 cup) capacity ramekins. Allow to cool.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract to the hot milk. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Whisk in the hot liquid. Pour into the ramekins. Prepare a water bath by laying a towel in the bottom of large baking dish.
- Place the ramekins in the dish and fill halfway up with simmering water. Bake for about 40 minutes. The water should never boil. Remove from the oven and water.
- Cool and refrigerate. Run the blade of a knife around the ramekins, invert and serve very cold.
This particular caramel flan recipe is prized for it's simplicity. So if you’ve never made flan before, now is the time to try. To acquire the perfect consistency. It’s important that it stay in the fridge all night.